MR. W.D. "Daniel" Vasquez, CBE
Mr. Daniel Vasquez is a business economist and investor. He is responsible for proprietary economic and security research, holding company assets, identifying investment opportunities,, and overseeing investment holdings for W.D.Vasquez & Co.
As an investor, Mr. Vasquez learned his trade at JP Morgan & Co., Morgan Stanley, and Hamilton Lane Advisors (private equity & venture capital). For several years, he apprenticed directly under Professor Michael Porter in corporate strategy and economic competitiveness while at Harvard Business School's Institute for Strategy and Competitiveness.
As Vice-President and Portfolio Manager at private equity asset manager Hamilton Lane Advisers - now Hamilton Lane, Inc., (NASDAQ:HLNE) - he helped deploy $500 million in private equity capital to private companies in under-served market locations throughout California for the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS) - the State of California public pension plan and largest US-based private investor ($350 billion in private assets as of Dec. 2017).
He studied under three Nobel prize-winning economists (Gary Becker, Ronald Coase, and Robert Fogel) at the University of Chicago, where he was a Woodrow Wilson Fellow. He completed his post-graduate studies in finance and global business at Oxford University.
Investment and Prior Experience
- Vice-President and Portfolio Manager, Hamilton Lane Advisors, LLC (San Francisco, CA), 2007-2008
- Investment Advisor, Morgan Stanley (San Francisco, CA), 2004-2007
- Research Associate, Harvard Business School (Cambridge, MA), 1998-2002
- Economic Research Analyst, The Conference Board (New York, NY), 1996-1998
- Public Affairs Fellow, JP Morgan & Co. (New York, NY), 1995
- Legislative Aid, United States Senate (Washington DC), 1993-1994
Licenses and Professional Designations
- Certified Business Economist™, National Association of Business Economics
- General Securities Representative, Series 7, NASD
- Uniform Investment Advisor, Series 66, NASD
- Managed Futures Funds Representative, Series 31, National Futures Association
The Certified Business Economist® (CBE) is the certification in business economics and data analytics developed by the National Association for Business Economics. The CBE is a symbol of distinction that candidates earn by meeting a prescribed level of achievement. It documents a professional’s accomplishment, experience, abilities, and demonstrates mastery of the body of knowledge critical for a successful career in the field of economics and data analytics.
- Oxford University (Pembroke College), Said Business School
MBA & PGD, Finance &Global Business
- The University of Chicago
MPP, Economic Policy
- University of California, Berkeley
BA, Ethnic Studies
- The Global Competitiveness Report 2000 (World Economic Forum)
Oxford University Press | Jan. 15, 2000
Authors: Professor Michael E. Porter, Professor Jeffery Sachs, Klaus Schwab, Peter Cornelius, Daniel Vasquez, John Tudor, Andrew Warner.
©2008-18 W.D.Vasquez & Co., Inc. All Rights Reserved.